肠道是我们身体内最大的免疫系统，对营养吸收、代谢废物、抵御病原微生物等都 played a vital role, but stress, unhealthy diets, antibiotics and other factors can upset the balance of digestive tract bacteria, leading to various gastrointestinal problems, such as constipation, diarrhea, bloating and so on. So, how can we maintain our digestive system healthy? Well, the answer is probiotics.
Probiotics are live microorganisms, which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host. Probiotics are found naturally in fermented foods and drinks, such as yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi and kombucha, as well as in supplement form.
Benefiting the survival of beneficial microorganisms, inhibiting the replication of pathogenic microorganisms and restoring the microbial balance in the intestinal tract are the primary ways in which probiotics alleviate gastrointestinal symptoms.
1. Bifidobacteria: Bifidobacteria is the most common probiotic found in the human intestinal tract, which can aid in digestion, boost immune function and fight against harmful pathogenic bacteria.
2. Lactobacillus acidophilus: Lactobacillus acidophilus is a lactic acid bacterium that is commonly found in the human intestine, mouth and vagina. It can help prevent constipation, diarrhea and candidiasis and improve the absorption of nutrients.
3. Streptococcus thermophilus: Streptococcus thermophilus is a lactic acid bacterium that is commonly used in the production of fermented dairy products. It can improve digestion and alleviate lactose intolerance while boosting immunity.
4. Lactobacillus bulgaricus: Lactobacillus bulgaricus is a lactic acid bacterium used in the production of yogurt. It can help break down lactose, prevent diarrhea and enhance digestion.
5. Lactobacillus plantarum: Lactobacillus plantarum is a lactic acid bacterium that can support gut health, boost the immune function, reduce inflammation and improve the absorption of nutrients.
6. Saccharomyces boulardii: Saccharomyces boulardii is a beneficial yeast that is often used to treat diarrhea and gastrointestinal infections caused by bacteria, viruses or antibiotics.
7. Enterococcus faecium: Enterococcus faecium is a lactic acid bacterium that can regulate the intestinal microbial balance, prevent diarrhea and alleviate inflammatory bowel disease.
8. Bacillus subtilis: Bacillus subtilis is a soil bacterium that can improve the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestine, as well as boost immunity and alleviate inflammation.
9. Lactococcus lactis: Lactococcus lactis is a lactic acid bacterium that can enhance digestion, prevent diarrhea and improve immune function.
10. Escherichia coli Nissle: Escherichia coli Nissle is a probiotic strain that can compete with pathogenic bacteria in the gut, enhance the gut barrier function, relieve irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease symptoms.
11. Pediococcus acidilactici: Pediococcus acidilactici is a lactic acid bacterium that can improve digestive health, suppress harmful bacteria growth and reduce inflammation.